VISION: Wahnapitae Fist Nation will be a self-sustaining community that will protect the lands and environment for future generations and continue to prosper in all aspects of traditions, social and economic activities.
MISSION: To establish attractions that feed the local economic infrastructure and promote Aboriginal Culture and awareness.
Economic Development Officer: Marilyn Nicholls
Telephone: 705-858-0610 Ext. 211 Fax: 705-858-5570
The Wahnapitae First Nation’s Economic Development Department is funded by the Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada.
Responsibilities of the Economic Development Officer
- Prepare annual LEDSP funding application each fiscal year;
- Research & Proposal development
- Prepare Budgets & reports for projects
- Attend Committee meetings such as HR Committee for Glencore, (SINO)
- Work with Wahnapitae Fist Nation Administration for project planning
- Review and respond to referrals; and passing on info to Chief and Council
- Attend Board meetings such as; Waabnoong Bemjiwang Association of First Nations (WBAFN)
- Attend workshops/conferences relevant to Economic Development