Programs for families with young children aim to promote such things as nutrition, parenting skills, pre-natal/post-natal support and encourage the overall healthy development families and children. Weekly programming for the youth includes such things as sports and physical activities, self-esteem building; nutrition; socialization; community awareness.
Senior residents access health programs that focus on their socialization, nutrition; support to access amenities; safety in the home; foot care; diabetes prevention and support to be able to live independently at home.
Social gatherings are held throughout the year to bring people together in a good way. Events such as a community fish fry, lip sync and talent contest; moccasin making workshop, fundraising barbeques or Christmas Party and pot luck dinner are some popular events that people enjoy within the community.
Health Services Offered, There is something for you….
- Medical Transportation – Private Mileage/ Contract Driver to local medical appointments
- Community Wellness Worker – Awareness workshops – referrals – community events
- Community Support Services – Services to assist Seniors stay living in their homes
- Home and Community Care – Homemaking – housecleaning – home maintenance
- Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative – Lunch n Learns; Cooking sessions;
- Healthy Babies Healthy Children – Good food vouchers; home visits
- Healthy Child Development – Pre/post-natal support; transportation; parenting; nutrition
- Building Healthy Communities (BHC) - Brighter Futures – Youth activities/events; referrals
- BHC – Mental Health – Awareness workshops; referrals; crisis counselling
- WFN Summer Day Camp – Summer crafts; cultural teachings; sports; field trips