For your information below is a list of many Scholarships and Bursaries with applications or links to website on how to apply.
Scholarships & Bursary Listings
Scholarships & Bursaries to assist with your educational goals.
Scholarship & Bursary websites
- AANDC Aboriginal Bursaries Search ToolAboriginal Scholarship GuideScholarships CanadaScotiabank Scholarships (for almost all schools/programs)
- Student Awards
- Wahnapitae First Nation/Glencore Scholarship
Contact band office for application procedure Usually due sometime in September
- Gordon Roque Scholarship
Contact Band Office Usually due July 31 of each year.
- Scotiabank Student Excellence Awards:
For full details contact:
Jason Restoule, BBA
Manager, Anishinabek Nation 7th Generation Charity
- Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards
- Casino Rama's Awards for Excellence Program
- CN Scholarships/Internships
- NWAC Helen Bassett Commemorative Award
- The Hydro One First Nations, Métis and Inuit Award
- Jeremy Dias Scholarship
- KPMG's First Nations and Aboriginal Student Awards Program
- New Relationship Trust Bursaries and Scholarships for Aboriginal Students in BC
- Ontario Native Education Counsellors Association Scholarships
- RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program
- Dreamcatcher Fund
- Rose Nolan Scholarship
- National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation
WFN & Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations Scholarship Fund
Both Wahnapitae First Nations (WFN) and Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations (Sudbury INO), a Glencore Company, believe in the importance of a good education for Community members for the betterment of both Wahnapitae First Nation and operations in the Sudbury area.
Sudbury INO, through a formal agreement with WFN in 2008, has sponsored an annual scholarship fund to support post-secondary education and training programs. The scholarship fund is aimed at assisting community members of WFN to pursue careers in the mining related and mineral processing related fields.
Waubetek 2018 Student Bursary Business Educational Award
The Waubetek Business Development Corporation student bursary was launched in 2003 to assist Aboriginal post-secondary students. This bursary is intended to aid the Aboriginal student enrolled in a Business, Accounting or Economic related program.
To be eligible: the application and supporting documents are to be received by Waubetek Business Development Corporation by: 4:30 p.m. EST on January 26, 2018.
Completed application package MUST contain:
- FULLY completed application form
- COPY of your most recent transcripts
- LETTER of support from a Professor or Instructor, or from an Aboriginal owned business.
- 300 word Essay on Economic Development
- Head shot photo
- Certificate of Indian Status card
Gordon Roque Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2001 in memory of Mr. Gordon Roque, for his contributions to the Wahnapitae First Nation community. The primary purpose of this scholarship is to financially assist individuals in fulfilling their aspirations. Scholarships will be awarded to individuals committed to the
advancement and improvement of the quality of life for Native peoples.
Two Gordon Roque scholarships, each worth $500 will be awarded to Aboriginal students enrolled in postsecondary
Each scholarship is awarded for one year. For scholarship recipients to continue to receive an annual scholarship after the first year, they must re-apply annually.
Post Secondary Student Support
Get the support you need through The Glenn Crombie Centre for Student Support
To access disability-related services at Cambrian College, please bring:
- Your recent IPRC or Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Any psycho-educational assessment
- Relevant medical reports