For your information below is a list of many Scholarships and Bursaries with applications or links to website on how to apply.
Scholarships & Bursary Listings
Scholarships & Bursaries to assist with your educational goals.
Scholarship & Bursary websites
- AANDC Aboriginal Bursaries Search ToolAboriginal Scholarship GuideScholarships CanadaScotiabank Scholarships (for almost all schools/programs)
- Student Awards
- Wahnapitae First Nation/Glencore Scholarship
Contact band office for application procedure Usually due sometime in September
- Gordon Roque Scholarship
Contact Band Office Usually due July 31 of each year.
- Scotiabank Student Excellence Awards:
For full details contact:
Jason Restoule, BBA
Manager, Anishinabek Nation 7th Generation Charity
- Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Awards
- Casino Rama's Awards for Excellence Program
- CN Scholarships/Internships
- NWAC Helen Bassett Commemorative Award
- The Hydro One First Nations, Métis and Inuit Award
- Jeremy Dias Scholarship
- KPMG's First Nations and Aboriginal Student Awards Program
- New Relationship Trust Bursaries and Scholarships for Aboriginal Students in BC
- Ontario Native Education Counsellors Association Scholarships
- RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program
- Dreamcatcher Fund
- Rose Nolan Scholarship
- National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation
2017 Student Bursary Business Educational Award
The Waubetek Business Development Corporation student bursary was launched in 2003 to assist Aboriginal post-secondary students. This bursary is intended to aid the Aboriginal student enrolled in a Business, Accounting or Economic Development related diploma/degree program.
*Please note* - Certificate programs are not eligible to be considered
To be eligible, the application and ALL supporting documents must be received by Waubetek on or before 4:30 p.m. EST on Friday, January 27, 2017.
Hydro One - One Awards 2016
The One Awards acknowledge and share the ingenuity of our employees and the potential of aspiring professionals to the joint benefit of Hydro One and the people of Ontario.
We are looking for outstanding students who demonstrate the traits that make us the innovative, diverse orgranization we are.
With this belief in mind, each year Hydro One has the distinct honour of recognizing outstanding students for three awards:
Women in Engineering Scholarship
- 15 Scholarships of $5,000 each are available for women studying engineering at the undergraduate level in accredited Ontario universities.
- Women receiving a scholarship will also have the opportunity to engage in a paid developmental work term with Hydro One.
Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations Scholarship Fund
Both Wahnapitae First Nations (WFN) and Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations (Sudbury INO), a Glencore Company, believe in the importance of a good education for Community members for the betterment of both Wahnapitae First Nation and operations in the Sudbury area.
Sudbury INO, through a formal agreement with WFN in 2008, has sponsored an annual scholarship fund to support post-secondary education and training programs. The scholarship fund is aimed at assisting community members of WFN to pursue careers in the mining related and mineral processing related fields.