Director: Leo De Ruiter
Department Contact: Leo De Ruiter
The Facilities and Infrastructure Department is comprised of housing, fire department, public works, roadways, asset management, development of community plans, policies, and capacity building.
The Housing Program shall ensure that all First Nation members have access to safe, affordable, and healthy living accommodations within the Wahnapitae First Nation territory. This shall be accomplished through various financing programs, rental accommodations, and construction advisory.
The Public Works staff strive to responsibly deliver, enhance, and maintain vital infrastructure along with essential services for the overall good of our community.
The Fire Department seeks to provide quick, efficient, and high-quality emergency response services to members and visitors of Wahnapitae First Nation.
Programs and Services
- Management of First Nation rental units
- Operational monitoring, planning, and coordinating maintenance.
- Tenant relations
- Responding to housing needs – emergency repairs
- Implementing a cycle of regular inspections by qualified inspectors
- Assisting members with RRAP and HASCI grants through CMHC